Terms and Conditions: Dog Walks for a Month, Friends For A Lifetime!
1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via Internet only, in particular via Facebook.
2. Entry is only open to residents of Brisbane or Tamworth (Entrants). The employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
3. The promotion starts at 12:01am (AEST) on 3/07/2013 and ends at 11:59pm (AEST) on 4/6/2014 (Promotional Period).
4. To enter the promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period, fully and correctly complete the Facebook online entry form in the manner required, including providing the Entrant’s full name and current and valid email address.
5. Entrants acknowledge that their Facebook profile, wall and news feed may be updated if they enter the promotion via an Application. Facebook membership, the ‘Liking’ of Facebook pages, Facebook pages, Facebook applications and use of Facebook generally is subject to the Facebook prevailing terms and conditions of use available at www.facebook.com . The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to other Internet users. To the extent permitted by law, each Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, Facebook and its associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an Entrant in respect of the Entrant’s participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
6. The decision by the Promoter to accept or reject an entry is in the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into. Any entry that contains content that the Promoter in its sole discretion considers to be offensive, crude or inappropriate in any way or that the Promoter considers may infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity will not be accepted as an eligible entry into this promotion. This includes, but is not limited to, any entry that the Promoter considers to be disparaging of any of its and/or a prize supplier’s products and/or services.
7. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Contact details entered incorrectly via a Promotional Website or Application by an Entrant will deem an entry invalid.
8. Costs associated with accessing a Promotional Website, Promotional Page and/or Application remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the Internet service provider used.
9. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
10. From all valid entries one winner will be chosen on the 3rd business day of each month following a month where the promotion is on the Promoter’s Facebook page from July 2013 to June 2014. . This is a game of chance. The winner will be notified by email on the same dates. All reasonable steps to notify the winner will be taken by the Promoter. There will be a total of 1 winner per month, up to 12 winners in total if the promotion continues for the full 12 month period. Once a winner has been chosen, they will not be eligible for redraw in the remaining draws.
11. In the event the Promoter cannot successfully contact the winning Entrant within three (3) months, another winner will be selected by chance. The Promoter will continue this process until an Entrant has been successfully contacted.
12. Once an Entrant is deemed the winner, the Entrant will be awarded three (3) Private thirty (30) minute walks per week for four (4) weeks from Spot the Dog Walker. Total maximum prize pool value is approx. $2880. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. A prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST.
13. To accept the prize, winning Entrants must be available for a Meet and Greet with a Spot the Dog Walker, be prepared to accept the Spot the Dog Walker Standard Terms & Conditions, be within 5km of a Spot the Dog Walker and have a dog which is capable of being walked in a safe manner as determined in the sole discretion of the Spot the Dog Walker representative. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. A prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST.
14. Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid.
15. Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of a Promotional Website, Promotional Page and/or Application or the information on a Promotional Website, Promotional Page and/or Application, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Conditions of Entry or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
16. If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to state regulatory authority approval.
17. If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or, if necessary, to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes, subject to state regulatory authority approval.
18. The Promoter excludes all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize.
19. As a condition of entering this promotion, an Entrant consents to, in the event they are the winner, the Promoter using the Entrant’s entry, name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are the winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
20. If an Entrant participates in the promotion and also chooses to “opt‐in” on the online entry form in the manner required, the Entrant acknowledges that a further primary purpose for collection of the Entrant’s personal information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact the Entrant in the future with information on special offers or provide the Entrant with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter WILL NOT share the personal information of the entrant with any other body.
21. Promoter: Spot the Dog Walker Pty Ltd (ACN 141 812 099) as trustee for Katrina’s Business Trust (ABN 47 653 295 686), C/- PO Box 84, Arana Hills 4054 Queensland PO Box 10 (246 Seaview Road), McLaren Vale, SA, 5171, ABN 14125812204, ph 0422 239006, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. NSW Permit Number LTPS/13/04719